Hindhead Golf Club
TERMS OF COMPETITION: 2020 MEN’S SCRATCH OPEN FOR THE DEVIL’S PUNCH BOWL (“THE 2020 MEN’S SCRATCH OPEN”)
1. FORMAT: The 2020 Men’s Scratch Open will be decided over two rounds of 18 holes, from the white tees, in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the R&A Rules Limited and the USGA; the Rules of Amateur Status as approved by the R&A Rules Limited and USGA; any the Local Rules of the course as approved by the Committee of Hindhead Golf Club Limited.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The 2020 Men’s Scratch Open is open to men who must conform to the Rules of Amateur Status as approved by the R&A Rules Limited and USGA. Entrants must have competitive handicap (or handicap index) to a maximum of 5 when entering and must be a playing Member of an affiliated golf club.
3. ENTRY: Entry to the 2020 Men’s Scratch Open must be made by completing the online Entry Form and making an online payment of £85.00 and must be received online by 23:59 on Sunday 30th August 2020. Entries are limited to 66 players and will be balloted on exact handicap at the time of the draw. Entrants must provide their unique CDH number at the time of entry. Failure to make payment or provide a CDH number prior to the closing date will result in the entry not being accepted. Any unsuccessful entrants will be given the choice of having their entry fee returned or may be placed on a reserve list and have their payment returned if they do not play. No refunds will be given after the draw has been made, unless a substitute can be found. The entry fee of £85.00 includes two rounds of golf in the competition format, a courtesy practice round, a light breakfast, a two-course lunch and a prize fund worth £1,500.
4. STARTING TIMES: Starting times will be allocated to competitors in advance of the competition and the competitors will be advised of these starting times in advance via email and the Club’s website. Morning play will commence at 08:00 and afternoon play at 13:00. Play will commence from both the first and tenth tees during both rounds and competitors starting from the first tee in the first round will start from the tenth tee in the second round and visa-versa. Competitors are required to report to the starter five minutes before their advertised tee time.
5. BAD WEATHER CONTINGENCY: If bad weather causes a delay to play then it may be necessary for play to be continuous between the first round and second round. In this event competitors may be required to play from the same tee in the second round as in the first round and players will be provided with food and drink to take with them on the course. In the event of play being suspended and players having to evacuate the course, players must take refuge in their own cars.
6. TIES: In the event of a tie for the Devil’s Punchbowl (and if two or more Hindhead players are involved, the Mungo Swanson Salver) the result(s) will be decided by a one-hole play-off over the 18th hole and thereafter by a sudden death play-off over the 1st and 18th holes. In the event of light being insufficient to complete a play-off (which will be determined by the Committee), trophies and prizes will determined by a scorecard count-back over the best gross second round score, followed by the last 9 holes, 6 holes, 3 holes, final hole of that second round score. Further results shall be determined by the same scorecard count-back. If pairs can still not be separated the prizes shall be shared.
7. PRIZES: The Devil’s Punch Bowl will be awarded to the player with lowest gross score over the two rounds plus a prize voucher worth £500 and a memento; there will be prize vouchers for the second, third, fourth and fifth placed players and also for the best first and second rounds, not figuring in the top five overall as well as best overall nett score (not featuring in the gross prizes). The Mungo Swanson Salver and a memento will be awarded to the lowest gross score over the two rounds from a playing Member of Hindhead Golf Club.
8. GOLF BUGGIES: Buggies permitted for use at Hindhead Golf Club are one-person ride-on buggies only; the use of two man buggies is not permitted. Neither may the one-person buggies be used by those who do not meet the medical criteria. The safety of everyone using the Club’s facilities is of paramount importance and no one, Member, guest or visitor, may use a ride-on buggy at the Club until they have completed the required documentation and gained the written approval of the Club Secretary.
9. LOCAL RULES: The Local Rules applicable are as printed on the score card. Any changes from and additions to these Local Rules will be notified on the day of competition.
10. COVID-19: The Club is operating strict Covid-19 protocols which will be emailed to successful entrants. These must be followed.
11. PRACTICE ROUNDS: Your courtesy practice rounds may be played, subject to course availability and booked no more than 6 days in advance, between Tuesday 1st September and Friday 11th September 2020 upon application to the Professional Shop (01428 604614). Times offered will be after 1.00pm.
12. COMMITTEE: The 2020 Men’s Scratch Open is organised by the Committee of Hindhead Golf Club Limited and those acting with its delegated authority. The Committee will rule on any dispute which may arise and its decision shall be final.
13. DRESS CODE: Golf attire including golf shoes may be worn in the clubhouse. Players should arrive changed for golf as there are no changing or shower facilities available due to Covid-19 restrictions.
The contact for this competition is Chris Donovan
Created by intelligentgolf version 10.1.2.
CONGU® is Copyright Council of National Golf Unions.