Hindhead Golf Club
TERMS OF COMPETITION: 2019 MEN’S SCRATCH OPEN FOR THE DEVIL’S PUNCHBOWL & MUNGO SWANSON SALVER (“THE 2019 MEN’S SCRATCH OPEN”)
1. FORMAT: The 2019 Men’s Scratch Open will be decided over two rounds of 18 holes, from the white tees, in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the R&A Rules Limited and the USGA; the Rules of Amateur Status as approved by the R&A Rules Limited and USGA; any the Local Rules of the course as approved by the Committee of The Hindhead Golf Club Limited.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The 2019 Men’s Scratch Open is open to gentlemen who must conform to the Rules of Amateur Status as approved by the R&A Rules Limited and USGA. Entrants must have competitive handicaps to a maximum of 5.4 exact when entering.
3. ENTRY: Entry to the 2019 Men’s Scratch Open must be made by completing the Entry Form and sending that along with payment of £62.00 payable to Hindhead Golf Club Limited to The Devil’s Punchbowl, Hindhead Golf Club, Churt Road, Hindhead, Surrey, GU26 6HX and must be received by 17:00 on Friday 21st June 2019. Entries are limited to 60 players and will be balloted on exact handicap at the time of the draw. Entrants must provide their unique CDH number at the time of entry. Failure to do so will result in the entry not being accepted. Any unsuccessful entrants will be placed on a reserve list and have their payment returned if they do not play. No refunds will be given after the draw has been made, unless substitutes can be found. The entry fee of £62.00 includes two rounds of golf in the competition format, morning coffee on arrival, a two course lunch between rounds, sandwiches after the completion of play, and prizes.
4. STARTING TIMES: Starting times will be allocated to players in advance of the competition and the competitors will be advised of these starting times in advance via email and the Club’s website. Play will commence from both the first and tenth tees during both rounds and competitors starting from the first tee in the morning will start from the tenth tee in the afternoon and visa-versa. Competitors are required to report to the starter five minutes before their advertised tee time.
5. TIES: In the event of a tie for the Devil’s Punchbowl (and if two or more Hindhead players are involved, the Mungo Swanson Salver) the result(s) will be decided by a two-hole play-off over holes 1 and 18 and thereafter by a sudden death play-off over holes 1 and 18. Further results shall be determined by scorecard count-back over the best gross second round score followed by the last 9 holes, 6 holes, 3 holes, final hole of that second round score. If pairs can still not be separated the prizes shall be shared.
6. PRIZES: The Devil’s Punchbowl will be awarded to the player with lowest gross score over the two rounds plus a prize voucher and memento; there will be prize vouchers for the second, third and fourth placed players and also for the best morning & afternoon rounds, not figuring in the top four overall. The Mungo Swanson Salver and a prize voucher and memento will be awarded to the lowest gross score over the two rounds from a Member of Hindhead Golf Club
7. GOLF BUGGIES: Buggies permitted for use at Hindhead Golf Club are one-person ride-on buggies only; the use of two man buggies is not permitted. Neither may the one-person buggies be used by those who do not meet the medical criteria. The safety of everyone using the Club’s facilities is of paramount importance and no one, Member, guest or visitor, may use a ride-on buggy at the Club until they have completed the required documentation and gained the written approval of the Club Secretary. Golf buggies are not available for hire.
8. LOCAL RULES: The Local Rules applicable are as printed on the score card. Any changes from and additions to these Local Rules will be notified on the day of competition.
9. PRACTICE ROUNDS: Courtesy practice rounds may be available, subject to course availability, between Monday 1st July 2019 and Friday 12th July 2019 upon application to the Professional Shop (01428 604614). Times offered will be after 2.00pm.
10. COMMITTEE: The 2019 Men’s Scratch Open is organised by the Committee of Hindhead Golf Club, which will rule on any dispute which may arise and its decision shall be final.
11. DRESS CODE: Golf attire may be worn in the Dining Room, with the exception of golf shoes. Players must change into day shoes.