Hindhead Golf Club
TERMS OF COMPETITION: 2019 HINDHEAD GOLF CLUB SENIOR MEN’S OPEN
FOR THE MICHAEL SMITH SALVER (“THE 2019 SENIOR MEN’S OPEN”)
1. FORMAT: The 2019 Senior Men’s Open will be decided over one round of 18 holes of Stableford stroke play in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the R&A Rules Limited and the USGA; the Rules of Amateur Status as approved by the R&A Rules Limited and the USGA; any the Local Rules of the course as approved by the Committee of Hindhead Golf Club. Play will be from the yellow tees.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The 2019 Senior Men’s Open is open to gentleman, aged 60 years or over on the day of competition, who must conform to the Rules of Amateur Status as approved by the R&A Rules Limited and the USGA. Entrants must have competitive handicaps to a maximum of 22.
3. ENTRY: Entry to the 2019 Senior Men’s Open must be made by completing the Entry Form and sending that along with payment of £65.00 payable to Hindhead Golf Club Limited to The Senior Men’s Open, Hindhead Golf Club Limited, Churt Road, Hindhead, Surrey, GU26 6HX and must be received by 17:00 on 24 May 2019. Entries are limited to 78 players and in the event of over-subscription, will be balloted on handicap. Any unsuccessful entrants will be placed on a reserve list and will have their payment returned if they do not play. No refunds will be given after the draw has been made, unless a substitute can be found. The entry fee of £65.00 includes one round of golf in the competition format, coffee on arrival, a two course dinner after the completion of play, and prizes.
4. HANDICAP ALLOWANCES: Full Handicap allowance off the yellow card stroke indices, up to maximum of 22 strokes.
5. STARTING TIMES: Play will commence at 12.30pm. Starting times will be allocated to players in advance of the competition and the competitors will be advised of these starting times in advance via email and the Hindhead Golf Club website. Play will commence from both the first and tenth tees. Competitors are required to report to the starter five minutes before their advertised tee time.
6. TIES: In the event of ties, results shall be determined by the best Stableford score over last 9 holes, 6 holes, 3 holes, final hole on the scorecard. If pairs can still not be separated the prizes shall be shared.
7. PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded for the best four scores, the best front nine holes and the best back nine holes from those not finishing in the top four overall positions.
8. GOLF BUGGIES: Buggies permitted for use at Hindhead Golf Club are one-person ride-on buggies only; the use of two man buggies is not permitted neither may the one-person buggies be used by those who do not meet the medical criteria. The safety of everyone using the Club’s facilities is of paramount importance and no one, Member, guest or visitor, may use a ride-on buggy at the Club until they have completed the required documentation and gained the written approval of the Club Secretary. Golf buggies are not available for hire.
9. LOCAL RULES: The Local Rules applicable are as printed on the score card. Any changes from and additions to these Local Rules will be notified on the day of competition.
10. PRACTICE ROUNDS: Practice rounds at the discounted rate of £65 per player (county card rate) are available a maximum of two weeks in advance and may be booked, subject to availability, with the Professional Shop.
11. COMMITTEE: The 2019 Senior Men’s Open is organised by the Committee of Hindhead Golf Club, which will rule on any dispute which may arise and its decision shall be final.
12. DRESS CODE: Smart casual dress is required in the Dining Rooms. Golf attire and golf shoes are not permitted in the Dining Rooms.