Hindhead Golf Club
CONDITIONS FOR THE 2018 HINDHEAD GOLF CLUB LADIES’ OPEN (“The 2018 Ladies’ Open”)
1. FORMAT: 18 Holes Stableford – 4 ball better-ball (90% Handicap allowance) playing off the Red tees.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The 2018 Ladies’ Open is open to ladies’ pairs, both of whom must conform to the Rules of Amateur Status as approved by the R&A Rules Limited. Entrants must have competitive handicaps to a maximum of 36.
3. ENTRY: Entry to the 2018 Ladies’ Open must be made by completing the Entry Form and sending that along with a cheque dated 29 June 2018 for £104.00 to Hindhead Golf Club, Churt Road, Hindhead, Surrey, GU26 6HX and must be received by 17:00 on Friday 29 June 2018. Entries are limited to 44 pairs and any unsuccessful entrants will have their payment returned. In the event of the 2018 Ladies’ Open being over- subscribed then a ballot will be held and those pairs who are unsuccessful will be offered a place on the reserve list. No refunds will be given after the draw has been made unless substitutes can be found. The entry fee includes one round of golf in the competition format, morning coffee, a two-course buffet lunch after the completion of play, and prizes.
4. SUBSTITUTIONS: After the draw has been made any proposed substitution of a pair or player must have received the agreement of Hindhead Golf Club.
5. STARTING TIMES: Starting times at intervals of ten minutes will be allocated to pairs in advance of the competition and the competitors will be advised of these starting times in advance via email and the Hindhead Golf Club website. Play will commence at 12.30pm onwards from both the first and tenth tees. Competitors are required to report to the starter five minutes before their advertised tee time. As per the Rule of Golf 6-3a: If, in the absence of circumstances that warrant waiving the penalty of disqualification, as provided in Rule 33-7, the player who arrives at the starting point, ready to play, within 5 minutes of her starting time shall be penalised two strokes. If the player is more than 5 minutes late, the penalty shall be disqualification.
6. TIES: In the event of ties, results shall be determined by the best Stableford score on the last 9 holes, 6 holes, 3 holes, and final hole. If pairs can still not be separated then prizes shall be shared.
7. PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded for the first five pairs, best front nine, best back nine. There will also be prizes for nearest the pin and straightest drive.
8. GOLF BUGGIES: Buggies permitted for use at Hindhead Golf Club are one-person ride-on buggies only; the use of two person buggies are not permitted, neither may the one-person buggies be used by those who do not meet the medical criteria. The safety of everyone using the Club’s facilities is of paramount importance and no one, Member, guest or visitor, may use a ride-on buggy at the Club until they have completed the required documentation and gained the written approval of the Club Secretary. Golf buggies are not available for hire.
9. LOCAL RULES: The Local Rules applicable are as printed on the score card. Any changes from and additions to these Local Rules will be notified on the day of competition.
10. PRACTICE ROUNDS: Practice rounds at the discounted rate of £63 per player (county card rate) are available any time after the draw has been published. Tee times may be booked a maximum of two weeks in advance and may be booked with the Professional Shop. They are subject to availability.
11. COMMITTEE: The 2018 Ladies’ Open is organised by the Committee of Hindhead Golf Club, which will rule on any dispute which may arise and its decision shall be final.
12. DRESS CODE: Smart casual dress is required in the Dining Room and players are asked to change from their golf attire for dinner. Golf shoes are not permitted on the first floor.