Hindhead Golf Club
CONDITIONS FOR THE 2018 HINDHEAD GOLF CLUB MIXED OPEN FOR THE HINDHEAD TROPHIES
(“The 2018 Mixed Open”)
1. FORMAT: The 2018 Mixed Open will be decided over two rounds of 18 holes of firstly, Stableford Greensomes and secondly, Stableford Foursomes in accordance with the Rules of Golf as approved by the R&A Rules Limited; the Rules of Amateur Status as approved by the R&A Rules Limited; any the Local Rules of the course as approved by the Committee of Hindhead Golf Club. Men will play of the white tees and ladies off the red tees. During the afternoon foursomes gentlemen should tee off on the odd holes and the ladies tee off on the even holes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The 2018 Mixed Open is open to mixed pairs made up of one man and one lady, both of whom must conform to the Rules of Amateur Status as approved by the R&A Rules Limited. Entrants must have competitive handicaps to a maximum of 28 for gentlemen and 36 for ladies. The maximum combined handicap of both entrants must not exceed 40.
3. ENTRY: Entry to the 2018 Mixed Open must be made by completing the Entry Form and sending that along with a cheque dated 6 April 2018 (payable to Hindhead Golf Club Limited) for £139.00 to The Mixed Open, Hindhead Golf Club Limited, Churt Road, Hindhead, Surrey, GU26 6HX and must be received by 17:00 on Friday 6 April 2018. Entries are limited to 40 pairs and any unsuccessful entrants will have their payment returned. In the event of the 2018 Mixed Open being over- subscribed then a ballot based on handicaps will be held and those pairs with the highest combined handicaps will be balloted out and offered a place on the reserve list. No refunds will be given after the draw has been made unless substitutes can be found. The entry fee includes two rounds of golf in the competition format, a light breakfast on arrival, a light lunch between rounds, a two-course buffet dinner after the completion of play, and prizes.
4. HANDICAP ALLOWANCES: All strokes will be taken from the stroke indices of the white tee course, ladies will therefore receive one adjustment shot before the calculation of the handicap allowance. For the morning Greensomes round the handicap allowance will be 60% of lower handicap plus 40% of the higher handicap. For the afternoon Foursomes round the handicap allowance will be half the aggregate of the partner’s handicaps.
5. STARTING TIMES: Starting times at intervals of ten minutes will be allocated to pairs in advance of the competition and the competitors will be advised of these starting times in advance via email and the Hindhead Golf Club website. Play will commence from both the first and tenth tees during both rounds and competitors starting from the first tee in the morning will start from the tenth tee in the afternoon and visa-versa. Competitors are required to report to the starter five minutes before their advertised tee time. As per the Rule of Golf 6-3a: If, in the absence of circumstances that warrant waiving the penalty of disqualification, as provided in Rule 33-7, the player who arrives at the starting point, ready to play, within 5 minutes of his starting time shall be penalised two strokes. If the player is more than 5 minutes late, the penalty shall be disqualification.
6. PACE OF PLAY: Slow play detracts from the enjoyment of the game for many golfers. For the purpose of preventing slow play, the Committee has established pace of play guidelines which includes the maximum period of time allowed to complete a stipulated round. In the morning Greensomes round the maximum time allowed to complete the round is 4 hours and 15 minutes and in the afternoon Foursomes round the maximum time allowed to complete the round is 4 hours. Groups taking longer to complete their rounds than the maximum time and finishing more than 15 minutes behind the group in the front of them, excepting the first groups who must play within the maximum time, will be penalised one shot for the first offence and two shots for the second offence.
7. TIES: In the event of ties, results shall be determined by the best Stableford second round score followed by the last 9 holes, 6 holes, 3 holes, and final hole of that second round Stableford score. If pairs can still not be separated the prizes shall be shared.
8. PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded for the best five combined scores from the Greensomes and Foursomes rounds; the best Greensomes round and the best Foursome round from those not finishing in the top five combined positions.
9. GOLF BUGGIES: Buggies permitted for use at Hindhead Golf Club are one-person ride-on buggies only; the use of two person buggies are not permitted, neither may the one-person buggies be used by those who do not meet the medical criteria. The safety of everyone using the Club’s facilities is of paramount importance and no one, Member, guest or visitor, may use a ride-on buggy at the Club until they have completed the required documentation and gained the written approval of the Club Secretary. Golf buggies are not available for hire.
10. LOCAL RULES: The Local Rules applicable are as printed on the score card. Any changes from and additions to these Local Rules will be notified on the day of competition.
11. PRACTICE ROUNDS: Practice rounds at the discounted rate of £63 per player (county card rate) are available any time after the draw has been published. Tee times may be booked a maximum of two weeks in advance and may be booked with the Professional Shop. They are subject to availability.
12. COMMITTEE: The 2018 Mixed Open is organised by the Committee of Hindhead Golf Club, which will rule on any dispute which may arise and its decision shall be final.
13. DRESS CODE: Smart casual dress is required in the Dining Room. No golf shoes upstairs.